Solaris League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Want to Stream videos for Solaris? Click HERE for details.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the hacking clause: HERE

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 158 on 11/4/2021, 09:44

Poll

What should the Solaris League focus on?

View results

4 posters

My first ever online team

Arilys
    Arilys
    Trainer
    Trainer

My first ever online team Empty My first ever online team

Post by Arilys 14/1/2014, 18:08

Okay so I'm finally almost done with my team (by almost I mean only two of them are ready atm, the others are underlevelled), I only need to level them up enough to have the proper attacks (and so they're over level 50 at least) and I figured that I'd put it here to see if it's actually worth anything.

Do note that I did this team with pokemon I like so I'll probably end up using other stuff when I get the patience to grind breeding again! Also the order I put them in won't be the order I'll use them in battles, in case it's not too obvious x3

Also don't hate on me for using Smogon for EVs and such because I'm too dumb to numbers QQ

My first ever online team 306-m
    Aggron @ Aggronite
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Sturdy -> Filter
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Defence
    Moves:
    ~Iron Head
    ~Earthquake
    ~Dragon Tail
    ~Stealth Rock

Mostly to tank physical stuff and set up Stealth Rock, possibly Dragon Tail annoying enemies away. I chose Iron Head over Heavy Slam because I feel safer having a "constant" power instead of relying on the weight difference between Mega Aggron and his foe. Earthquake to deal with (or seriously damage) threats that are either weak or neutral to Ground type.

My first ever online team 196
    Espeon @ Light Clay
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 254 HP, 6 Defence, 252 Speed
    Moves:
    ~Reflect
    ~Light Screen
    ~Psychic
    ~Baton Pass

Setting up screens for team-mates. Psychic might put a dent on the enemy team if it gets lucky with a good match-up and Baton Pass is to avoid any possible Pursuit users after the screens are up and Espeon's ready to switch out.

My first ever online team 330
    Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Attack, 6 Sp. Defence, 252 Speed
    Moves:
    ~Dragon Claw
    ~Earthquake
    ~U-Turn
    ~Stone Edge

STAB Dragon Claw to deal with other Dragon types (because Outrage is Move Tutor only and X/Y only have the fancy shmancy attack (Draco Meteor, Grass Pledge, etc) Move Tutors Mad ). Earthquake because it's a powerful Ground move that also gets STAB, U-Turn to switch out and deal a little damage in case he leads / gets a bad match-up and Stone Edge to deal with Flying types.

My first ever online team 472
    Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 244 HP, 40 Defence, 224 Speed
    Moves:
    ~Substitute
    ~Toxic
    ~Protect
    ~Earthquake

I guess this is obvious. The team's resident staller. Toxic some of the enemy pokemon, set up a Substitute then Protect or Earthquake the enemy. Possibly just Toxic then switch out to a different pokemon.

My first ever online team 407
    Roserade @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
    Moves:
    ~Energy Ball
    ~Sludge Bomb
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Rest

Special attacker. Energy Ball to deal with Water/Rock/Ground types, Sludge Bomb to handle Grass and Fairy types and possibly poison other types, Shadow Ball is just in case a Psychic or Ghost type pops up (though I might switch out of psychics because I dunno if it can outspeed them) and Rest to heal up. With a good switch I can get rid of the Sleep status and have Roserade at full HP again without getting the pokemon that goes in too damaged.

My first ever online team 302
    Sableye @ Leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defence, 6 Sp. Defence
    Moves:
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Recover
    ~Taunt
    ~Foul Play

Kind of like Gliscor, another sort of troll. Priority Will-O-Wisp will nerf the enemy's Attack and take some of their HP (if they don't use their own priority move first and eat Sableye alive) and allow Foul Play to hit hard anyway, Taunt will hopefully deny settup attempts in case they try to make up for the lost attack power and Recover is to try to be annoying for as long as possible.

I guess that's it. Probably a bad team but, like I said, it's just to mess around and I'll eventually work on other Pokemon to use. I'll try to get them all ready as soon as possible so I can try a few battles :3
    TheSurgeXS
    TheSurgeXS

My first ever online team Empty Re: My first ever online team

Post by TheSurgeXS 14/1/2014, 21:36

Firstly, Its a great thing that you are building a team based on Pokemon you like, it gives off a uniqueness that identities you. There are two things that scream at me when I looked at your team first glance.

1) Ice Pokemon will leave your team with a nasty dent. As it is common to see an Ice Type attack on the field.

2) Following up on your Ice Weakness, I would suggest altering the EV spread on your Aggron, or maybe consider having your Sableeye Spread different from you have listed to tank Ice attacks. Since Will-O-Wisp lowers attack, he be able to take those hits.

Other Comments: Considering that Aggron has immense Defense, you might find it beneficial to consider EV's in HP rather than maximizing in Defense. Overall bulk is your HP Multiply y your Defense. For instance:

100x100 = 10,000
    101x99= 9,999
    99x101 = 9,999
    Even More So:
    102 x 98 = 9,996
    103 x 97 = 9,991
    104 x 96 = 9,984

The first Hp/Defense gives you maximum bulk.
    I know its a smogon link: Go here to calculate Damage: http://www.smogon.com/calc/

* I have done an example for you below:

Aggron - Impish with 252 Defense| 0 HP
    Takes: 47.7-56.2% Damage from an Adamant Nature Gyarados (252 Atk EVs) Waterfall.

Aggron - Impish with 252 HP | 0 HP
    Takes: 44.2% - 52.9% Damage ''

Aggron - Impish with 252 HP | 96 Defense
    Takes: 41.9% - 49.4% Damage ''

Other than Type disadvantages, your team does have utility, defense and Offense. I honestly like your idea with Roserade, might have to do the same with my Starmie. =) I hope this feedback helps!

- Surge

Jace_The_Chimchar
    Jace_The_Chimchar

Post by Jace_The_Chimchar 14/1/2014, 22:24

Looks good, but i run my aggron like this; (it's amazing and can often win a match through support)

Aggron @ Aggronite
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Sturdy -> Filter
    EVs: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Defence
    Moves:
    ~Heavy Slam (for bulky waters)
    ~Thunder Wave (for those Talonflames and stuff)
    ~Dragon Tail
    ~Stealth Rock

LoneQuincy
    LoneQuincy

Post by LoneQuincy 15/1/2014, 09:35

Just a minor issue with the Baton Pass Espeon. You'll be safe(r) using Baton Pass as long as the Pursuit user is faster. If you outspeed the Pursuit user, Baton Pass still counts as switching out and it'll be hit for the extra damage.
    Arilys
    Arilys
    Trainer
    Trainer

Post by Arilys 15/1/2014, 14:39

Oh jeez, I'm horrible at math. Hopefully I won't fudge it up too bad x3 That said, I didn't even realize all of dat Ice weakness until you pointed it out o.O I have Stone Edge on the Flygon, which could possible help with dealing with Ice types, but I guess most Ice moves are on non-Ice type Pokemon?

I messed around with the calculator thingy and the Sableye with the spread I have there would take 85.9% - 101% from an Ice Beam by a Modest Choice Specs Froslass with max IVs/EVs on Sp Attack. But with a spread of 252 HP, 126 Defence and 132 Sp. Defence the same attack would do only 72% - 84.9% damage. I guess other special attacks without STAB and nature/IV/EV/Specs boost would be reasonably tankable by him? I might be going at this in a completely wrong way though...

I'll try to mess around with Aggron's spread a bit too. And I might consider Thunder Wave instead of Earthquake. I didn't want to put it because of the Toxic and Will-O-Wisp, but paralysis might be better to cripple quicker pokemon scratch

As for the Espeon, I'm aware of that little issue. The thing is I plan on switching out to one of the bulkier pokemon in the team, if the match-up isn't too bad for them (and they'll possibly take even less damage because of the screens being up). As it is, I'm gonna try it for a while. If it doesn't work out I guess I can swap Baton Pass for Dazzling Gleam or somesuch?

Thanks for the feedback, guys, and sorry if I'm too annoying or something like that! QQ

EDIT: Surge, I was messing around with the calculator and trying to get the results you got in your examples. I think you forgot that Aggron is supposed to be my Mega so he'll be pure Steel. I'm guessing he'll take a lot less damage from that Waterfall since he loses the Rock typing and has even higher Defense stats. I'll probably get him to use the 252HP/96Def spread anyway, since it obviously decreases the physical damage he'll take! xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 12/5/2024, 23:06