Solaris League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Want to Stream videos for Solaris? Click HERE for details.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the hacking clause: HERE

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 158 on 11/4/2021, 09:44

Poll

What should the Solaris League focus on?

View results

4 posters

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt

Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Derax's White2 Medal Hunt

Post by Derax 10/1/2014, 09:40

No idea where to put this so I'll guess here for the moment.

In any case. Pokemon Black 2 and White 2  introduced the concept of medals. Something which, originally, I couldn't have cared less about. However, after beating the Elite 4 and Iris and collecting the medals I hadn't been bothered about, the game gave out the hint medals for the Challenge Medals.

For those of you who might not know what those are; they're the purple medals you earn by entering the Hall of Fame with a monotype team, with the final medal requiring you to beat Iris with one Pokemon on your team.

Now having searched Youtube and browsing over some forums, I've not come across anyone who's managed to actually earn all the Challenge Medals. Thus the purpose of this forum; to give anyone who's thinking about doing it some advice based on my experience.

At the time of writing this I've done all but three of the monotype medals, and I haven't done the single pokemon one either. The three types I've yet to do are the Poison, Fire or Water types for reasons I'll explain in later posts but in the mean time let's kick this series off with the flourishing plants that are;

The Grass Type
    The grass type mono team was the first I managed and as you'll probably see was why I decided to try and do the rest of the medals.

• Serperior Lv96

Ability: Overgrow
    Item: Rocky Helmet
    Moveset: Coil, Outrage, Leaf Blade and Wring Out

General word: As you can see, Serp was totally over leveled. However if you are going to use Serperior, Coil/Leaf Blade or any physical attack'll do, will wreck Marshal and his fighting types. All in all I'd recommend using Serperior, even if in the Metagame it's terrible, because of its surprising defence and dangerous attack.

• Ferrothorn (aka Siegfried) Lv84

Ability: Iron Barbs
    Item: Leftovers
    Moveset: Thunderwave, Curse, Powerwhip and Gyro Ball

General word: Ferrothorn, against Iris, is a total, and utter, monster. Kill Hydreigon with something else, bring Ferrothorn in, set it up and watch as she pathetically tries to leave a scratch. A definite recommendation to a Grass team.

• Rotom (aka Bucky) Lv89

Ability: Levitate
    Item: Quick Claw
    Moveset: Pain Split, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Leaf Storm

General word: Rotom is one of the best pokemon to have for this challenge. Period. Why? Because you get seven slots filled on seven teams for the price of training one pokemon. As for the Mow form of Rotom, it's quite good in normal gameplay, it's something to get rid of Chauntal's Drifblim, Caitlin's Sigilyph and Grimsley's Honchkrow without risk of losing a pokemon. As you'll see in future posts; I definitely recommend Rotom for this challenge as a whole, let alone the grass team.

• Leafeon (aka Antonio) Lv69

Ability: Leaf Guard
    Item: Heat Rock
    Moveset: Sunny Day, Synthesis, X-Scissor, and Leaf Blade

General word: As you can probably tell by the level, Leafeon wasn't really used during this attempt. His role was to support the next two by helping out with their abilities and in one case make Solarbeam easier to use. That's not to say that Leafeon is bad, it's just that he wasn't as much of a necessity as I thought he might be.

• Leavanny (aka Theresa) Lv70

Ability:Chlorophyll
    Item: King's Rock
    Moveset: Swords Dance, Shadow Claw, Leaf Blade and X-Scissor

General word: Main reason I wanted to use Leavanny was because I kept getting beaten by Burgh's in the PWT due to its speed, that and it was one less to train for the Bug team. In this crowd Leavanny didn't really stand out that much I'm afraid. But then again; with Serp, Siegfried and Bucky alone, I'd probably have managed alright with just them. Would I recommend Leavanny? Come back when I do the Bug segment in seven or eight weeks time.

• Tangrowth (aka Rivalz) Lv70

Ability: Chlorophyll
    Item: Amulet Coin
    Moveset: Ancientpower, Focus Blast, Solarbeam and Wring Out

General word: Ok, first thing; the Amulet Coin was to recoup the money lost on Ultra balls trying to catch Rivalz. He owed me a lot of money... Anyway I didn't use Tangrowth much; but when I did, by God. Rivalz earned himself the title of Monster. Focus Blast did to Grimsley's Bisharp what Play Rough usually does to anything; made it evaporate. Would I recommend Tangrowth? Oh fuck the hell yes!

After the immense success, morale boost and encouragement to continue this challenge as the Grass team was, next week we move into the neutral Normal types. Will they be as successful as this lot? Wait and see Wink

This is Derax, signing off.  Cool 

P.S
    And low we shall call this a wrap for this week. Due to the length of this I'm going to split each team up into separate posts on this thread for the next however many weeks. Hopefully by the time we get to the Poison team in 13 weeks I'll have finished the last 3 medals. As for a timeline as to what type will be when; it'll depend on when I get my DS lite back from home as that has the order in which I'll post the types.

P.S.S As soon as I do the Single Pokemon medal I plan on doing a Fairy team for this forum just for shits and giggles to be honest. But in case you missed it; yes I will do a retrogressed Fairy Team.
    Aero
    Aero
    Admin
    Admin

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Re: Derax's White2 Medal Hunt

Post by Aero 10/1/2014, 22:11

Was not aware of all that... that sounds like an interesting thing to do. Go get them medals!
    Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Calendar of Events

Post by Derax 12/1/2014, 20:46

Just a quick post (by my standards anyway).

Turns out my DS lite, which has my White 2 in it, has been with me the whole time. It kinda hid behind my notebook in my rucksack so I can now post the order of the teams and a preliminary timetable as to what type will be posted when. And as such;

• Grass Types, posted 10/1/2014
    • Normal Types, 17/1/2014
    • Ice Types, 24/1/2014
    • Steel Types, 31/1/2014
    • Ghost Types, 7/2/2014
    • Rock Types, 14/2/2014
    • Dark Types, 21/2/2014
    • Dragon Types, 28/2/2014
    • Electric Types, 7/3/2014
    • Bug Types, 14/3/2014(*)
    • Ground Types, 21/3/2014
    • Flying Types, 28/3/2014
    • Fighting Types, 4/4/2014
    • Psychic Types, 11/4/2014
    • Poison Types, 18/4/2014 TBC
    • Fire Types, 25/4/2014 TBC
    • Water Types, 2/5/2014 TBC

N.B. (*)Date could possibly change due to travel arrangements

When each of the final three teams have completed their tour of duty, this post will be updated with regards to the publish date of their post.

In addition once the Water Types tour is complete I'll hopefully have done the Single Pokemon medal and as such there'll be a post on that, followed the week after by a Fairy Type team tour too (hopefully Razz).

• Single Pokemon, TBC
    • Fairy Types, TBC

One final note. This Friday I shall pick-up training where I left off for my poison team. As it stands four of them are nearly ready, and the final two are currently at Lv40; one of whom shall commence training after the Normal Type post.

So we pick up where we left off last week going from the demolition team that was the Grass Types and onto the beige Normal Types.

We saw that with the power of the Grass Types it made it seem worth my while continuing on collecting the medals. How do the Normal types stack up? Well... terribly.

In all truth a fairer comment would've been to say that partly due to my choice in pokemon + moves, lack of levels, and all round poor choices during battle; the Normal Types didn't have much of a fun tour of duty.

The Normal Type

• Cinccino, Lv72
      Ability: Skill Link
      Item: Brighpowder
      Moves: Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Tail Slap, U-Turn

General word; Cinccino was alright at best, he was easily able to out speed most of the Elite 4's pokemon and land the first hit. Which is where we come to the first problem; Skill Link is an excellent ability, I'm sure we've all seen skill link/shell smash Cloysters or MegaHeracross abusing it and it can be devastating, however what those two have that Cinccino doesn't is attack power or a reliable power-up. You'd get in the first hit (well first five) and just miss out on KO'ing the opponent. Who then one shots Cinccino due to his poor defences... If you're going to use Cinccino; invest in some attack EVs or maybe a Choice Band perhaps. Otherwise I don't recommend using this set...
    • Sawsbuck, Lv72
      Ability: Serene Grace
      Item: Big Root
      Moves: Horn Leech, Wild Charge, Nature Power, Megahorn

General word; Now here's another pokemon I was looking forward to using, and was let down by... I think the main problem for Sawsbuck was that the moveset I chose was rubbish. Who even uses Nature Power anyway? Sawsbuck makes up for Cinccino's lack of attack but losses out on the cincilla's speed. Over all I'm not sure I'd recommend Sawsbuck because of its defence and odd typing.
    • Snorlax, Lv73
      Ability: Gluttony
      Item: Liechi Berry
      Moves: Ice Punch, Heavy Slam, Earthquake, Body Slam

General word; Ok first thing; screw. Second thing; Gluttony. I honestly thought that Gluttony might come in useful. How wrong was I? Gluttony is apt for Snorlax baring in mind what Snorlax does in the anime, but otherwise it's of no use. An Apicot or Ganlon berry may have worked in order to preserve Snorlax a little longer in battle but the problem with that then is the attack power surprisingly doesn't cut it. Over all; next time, if I use one; Thick Fat all the way.
    • Togekiss, Lv77
      Ability: Super Luck
      Item: Scope Lens
      Moves: Thunderwave, Aura Sphere, Extremespeed, Air Slash

General Word; Togekiss was a godsend for this team. You could switch Thunderwave for Shadow Ball, Psychic or whatever you thought you needed before each E4 member. Shadow Ball ruining Chauntal and Caitlin's days, Thunderwave annoying Marshal and Iris. Aura Sphere and Air Slash wreck Grimsley and Marshall respectively. Overall; I'd definitely recommend Togekiss.
    • Meloetta, Lv70
      Ability: Serene Grace
      Moves: Thunderbolt, Relic Dance, Psychic, Close Combat

General word; Meloetta is surprisingly difficult to use jumping back and forth between Aria and Pirouette formes. More likely to confuse yourself rather than the game. As such you seem to end up in the wrong one at the wrong time leading to it getting killed a bit more often than you'd expect a legendary to. I'd like to point out now that Meloetta is the only legendary I used for the entirety of the Medal Hunt.
    • Raticate, Lv70
      Ability: Guts
      Item: Flame Orb
      Moves: U-Turn, Sucker Punch, Facade, Super Fang

General word; Whilst I couldn't use it properly, I enjoyed using Raticate when I did. Facade is lethal with a STAB, burned, Guts pokemon. I suspect that a better moveset could've been to have Crunch, Quick Attack, Endeavor and Facade.

Well, to sum it up; this was a total disaster for whatever reason. The only sailing grace - Togekiss - is now a Fairy Type, and as such the rest of this team, even with a legendary, would be fucked now.

So notes for improvement; no Gluttony Snorlax, learn to use Meloetta and Sawsbuck properly, give Cincinno some more attack, and give Raticate a better set. Then when you've done that, sit back and watch as Togekiss still does all the work.

After the calamity that was the Normal Types, we move onto the freezing cold Ice Types. Did they help me learn my lesson?
    Eh… no.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have two Lv40 Poison types to train...

Last edited by Jace_The_Ambipom on 2/2/2014, 06:17; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Merged due to double post)
    LoneQuincy
    LoneQuincy

Post by LoneQuincy 17/1/2014, 14:51

Banded Cinccino does a lot of work. Also, it might've helped Sawsbuck if you ran Life Orb with Horn Leech/Double-Edge/Nature Power or Swords Dance/Megahorn or Hi Jump Kick. Dual STAB is always a plus.
    Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Sub Zero Ice Types

Post by Derax 24/1/2014, 15:05

So we pick up this week from where we left off last time; going from the demolished Normal Types to the Ice Types.

First things first though; has anyone else had problems playing a Gen 5 game on a 3DS? In my case, day based events aren't working i.e. Join Avenue and the daily battles even after putting it back in a normal DS.

Anyway, last week we worked out that my Normal team was terribly used. So this week we find out if I learned my lesson? (Here's a hint;...no.)

The Ice Type

• Glaceon (aka Percy) Lv71
      Ability: Snow Cloak
      Item: Icy Rock
      Moveset: Hail, Ice Shard, Shadow Ball, and Blizzard

General word; Part of the reason I used Percy was because I couldn't get an Abomasnow in order to have instant/constant weather. Thanks GameFreak, you nerf Ice types yet again... The other reason for it was because I wanted to use all the eeveeloutions at the time. All in all the idea behind Percy was good, it was the execution of it that was poor. Hail only lasting seven turns isn't that useful, plus getting out sped by Iris's Hydreigon pretty much wrecked that battle. After using Percy I really wouldn't recommend using Glaceon as a weather instigator; leave it to Abomasnow...

• Weavile (aka Dry Ice) Lv70
      Ability: Pressure
      Item: Life Orb
      Moveset: Brick Break, X-Scissor, Night Slash and Ice Punch

General word; As it stands, Weavile - if it lasts long enough - can pack quite a wallop. Which is a good thing in this crowd unfortunately. The problem is is that Weavile, as we all know, is pretty bloody frail. Especially when you consider 4x weak to fighting. (Curse you Marshal...!) Would I recommend Weavile? Even though I didn't use Dry Ice that often he seemed pretty good to dish out hits; just not hard enough to OHKO, before getting OHKO'd himself. Just for the fun and speed value I'd recommend Weavile.

• Rotom (aka Bucky) Lv92
      Moveset: Pain Split, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, and Blizzard

General word; I did say (kinda) that you'd be seeing a lot of Bucky. And I wasn't lying. Rotom in a fridge in concept is probably the  second worst of all of Rotom's formes, and in this challenge; it was and is easily the worst I'm afraid... Even with HP: 252, Def: 186 and Spd: 88, the fridge cannot take any of Marshal's hits well annoyingly. Even so, electric attacks do get rid of water types- never mind. How about flying type- oh yeah, Ice Type team... Anyway an Electric/Ice type doesn't really seem to work much especially seeing as it's still weak to ground types thanks to Mold Breaker. Would I recommend Rotom? Yes. Would I recommend Rotom-F? No, but it is good for filler and in some cases taking hits.

• Beartic (aka Cuddles) Lv71
      Ability: Snow Cloak
      Item: Muscle Band
      Moveset: Aqua Jet, Stone Edge, Super Power and Icicle Crash

General word; Yes, I did name mine Cuddles. All bears need silly names. Moving on; I didn't get to use Cuddles as often as I wanted to (even less so than Dry Ice if that puts it in perspective) but when I did she did seem to pack a powerful punch and some actual defence! Not enough to prevent a 2HKO because of abysmal speed, but that's beside the point. Two (read three) main problems with Beartic is the lack of speed, and not a particularly good movepool. Also, being mono-typed makes it annoying as once you've trained it up and used it; that's it. You can't use it for another tour. Would I recommend Beartic; the fact it can take one hit and then break its attackers nose off; yes. But to be honest other than for that; I don't think I would Sad

• Mamoswine (aka Wood) Lv71
      Ability: Thick Fat
      Moveset: Ice Fang, Iron Head, Thrash and Earthquake

General word; Curse my impatience!! Because I was in such a rush to train Wood (who's nickname will - hopefully - become obvious in the Ground team, plus there'll be a clue next week) I forgot to put Ice Shard on before evolving him! That pretty much wrecked Wood from the get-go. Iron Head and Thrash are pretty much irrelevant, I don't think I even used Iron Head in this tour, and Ice Fang doesn't have the priority of Ice Shard that was so desperately needed on this team. Yes, Percy had it, but Percy didn't have the firepower to make it worthwhile. Would I recommend this set? Abso-bloodly-lutely not. Would I recommend Wood though; yeah. Wifi battles should be enough evidence why.

• Cloyster (aka Mikhail) Lv70
      Ability: Skill Link
      Item: N/A (I reckon I forgot, or couldn't think of anything)
      Moveset: Ice Shard, Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, and Shell Smash

General word; The nickname is from Mikhail Kalashnikov, if anyone was wondering. *sigh* I'd been looking forward to using Mikhail, sadly the experience of being on the wrong end of these things in Pokemon Online couldn't be converted into decisive or convincing victory... Mikhail pretty much got sniped every time he came out. And no, it wasn't always because of his terrible Sp.Def surprisingly enough. I think Mikhail's poor performance is more of a reflection on my lack of experience with Skill Link (as demonstrated last week) and/or with Shell Smash. Would I recommend Cloyster? I don't know yet...

So, out of three teams so far, only one has been any good. The Ice Types sure melted under pressure. Can the Steel Types make a come back, or will they turn out to be rusted to hell? Ask me again next week to find out. Now if you'll excuse me; I need to go edit the mistakes in last weeks post I missed Shocked 

This is Derax, signing off  Cool
    Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Post by Derax 31/1/2014, 22:22

So in case anyone was wondering; the steel types will be up today (1/2/14) after 1900 GMT for reasons that can be explained then if anyone actually cares Razz

Cool 
    Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Iron Dragon Slayer

Post by Derax 1/2/2014, 16:39

So a day later than it should have been out, we pick up up the hunt at the Steel Type's tour of duty. Out of the last three teams, only one had a decent tour, can the Steel Types bring my spirits up?

The Steel Types

• Lucario (aka Aston) Lv100
      Ability: Steadfast
      Item: Expert Belt
      Moveset: Extremespeed, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Close Combat

General word: I don't want to say that Aston carried this team the whole way, but there was definitely evidence to suggest it. Dark Pulse was something to deal with Shauntal and Caitlin, everything else was there to reek havoc. Would I recommend Aston? Bit of a stupid question really.

• Ferrothorn (aka Siegfried) Lv86
      Ability: Iron Barbs
      Moveset: Thunderwave, Curse, Powerwhip, and Gyro Ball

General word: I said it before, I'll say it again; Ferrothorn utterly vaporises Iris, truly and utterly. Honestly if I'd bothered with PP Ups, Siegfried would've probably gone through most of the Elite 4 on his own. USE FERROTHORN. It slays dragons better than all seven FT dragon slayers combined!

• Metagross (aka Tristan) Lv80
      Ability: Clear Body
      Item: Shell Bell
      Moveset: Stealth Rock, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake, and Meteor Mash

General word: Despite not being metagame, Stealth Rock is actually quite helpful. Definitely upsets Iris' bloody Haxasaurus Rex. Otherwise, Metagross does what Metagross does; takes a hit, then proceeds to hit harder. End of.

• Magnezone (aka Pendulum) Lv73
      Ability: Sturdy
      Item: N/A (Think I forgot again...)
      Moveset: Lock-On, Discharge, Flash Cannon, and Zap Cannon

General word: Pendulum here only made one appearance in the entirety of this tour. And that was to Zap Cannon Honchkrow. Which it duly did. And murdered. Even so, with a poor attendance I can't say whether I'd recommend Magnezone or not right now so come back for the Electric Types.

• Excadrill (aka Mac) Lv71
      Ability: Sand Force
      Item: N/A (Getting real tired of this...)
      Moveset: Swords Dance, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, and Earthquake

General word: Until I used Excadrill, I never fully understood its appeal. Now however; I understand. And then some. I know I said about Aston having Dark Pulse for Caitlin, but really Mac did all the work. Set up three Swords Dances, and watch her crumble. In answer to the next obvious question; yes, use Excadrill. (Also, Mac is the hint about Wood's nickname from last week.)

• Aggron (aka Amaranthe) Lv70
      Ability: Rock Head
      Moveset: Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Double-Edge, and Head Smash

General word: Amaranthe was bred for the sole purpose of decimating anything even slightly weak to rock type moves. However, because the rest of the team was so good, Amaranthe flopped pretty badly unfortunately. Be it down to bad match ups or bad battling on my part. Rest assured though; she more than redeems herself on the Rock Type tour.

There you have it; my first successful tour since starting the damn things. Speaking of which; the entirety of the Medal Hunt, has been concluded. The last three types; Poison, Fire, and Water have been done. The single pokemon has been done, and all that's left to do is the makeshift fairies and find out why the fuck I haven't been given the commemoration medal in the game.  Mad 

As for why this wasn't uploaded yesterday; no one seems to have asked so there shan't be an answer. Don't ask, don't tell. Even after that dickish move, I'd like to ask an administrator to edit the Normal type post so that Raticate has a bullet point by him, please? For some reason when I edit it; it move the text up.  Question 

So this week we return triumphantly with a pretty decent Steel tour, next week is the turn of spooky Ghost Types. Will they scare the crap out of Iris, or be sent packing to the spirit realm? Find out next Friday. (I hope Razz)

Jace_The_Chimchar
    Jace_The_Chimchar

Post by Jace_The_Chimchar 2/2/2014, 06:18

I edited it for you Derax.

It's looking good so far, Steel types have always been the toughest since gen 2 when there were only 4 of them :3
    Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Spooky... O.o

Post by Derax 7/2/2014, 17:15

On time this week!! Yay! (Even if it is a bit... sparse.) This time we have a look at the Ghost Types, a type that has become noticeably more powerful in this generation then in the previous. That's not to say they were weak last time around Wink

The Ghost Types

• Rotom (aka Bucky) Lv94
      Moveset: Pain Split, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, and Shadow Ball

General word: Even with some lesser stats than the appliance forms Bucky regained the form it showed in the Grass team and wrecked house when needs be. A quick claw was probably inappropriate as regular Rotom is faster than its appliance counterparts. Even so it follows the same pattern as in the past and what's to come in the future.

• Banette (aka Rosvo) Lv70
      Ability: Frisk
      Item: Spell Tag
      Moveset: Will-o-Wisp, Sucker Punch, Shadow Claw and Shadow Sneak

General word: I choose Rosvo for this team just because I like Banette and wanted to see if I could manage something half-decent with his poor move-pool. Rosvo was in a few stages a game saver to say the least. But that's a about it. Would I recommend a Banette? Not in 5th Gen just because of the lack of decent moves.

• Spiritomb Lv75
      Ability: Infiltrator
      Item: Bright Powder
      Moveset: Double Team, Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse

General word: *Giggles maniacally* Ooooh I love Spiritomb. Everyone's been on the wrong side of an NPC that spams Double Team. Let me tell you know, it is so satisfying to get your own back. However, I swear Marshal's Throh somehow has been hacked to have Guts and No Guard. It somehow managed to hit, on more than one occasion, a +6 evasion Spiritomb with Stone Edge... Also, Infiltrator sucks in these kind of battles. Would I recommend Spiritomb? Abso-bloody-lutely!!

• Jellicent (aka Davy Jones) Lv71
      Ability: Cursed Body
      Moveset: Recover, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball and Water Spout

General word: Davy Jones on the other hand, I'm not so sure about. I just don't remember Davy Jones managing anywhere near as much work as Spiritomb or Rotom. Everyone knows that Jellicent is a special wall, but with normal training it just doesn't live up to it...

• Chandelure (aka Persephone) Lv71
      Ability: Flame Body
      Moveset: Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball and INFERNO!!!!!

General word: Persephone, in comparison with Davy Jones, was an out and out monster. Is inferno a stupid move to have? Yes. Is it enormously satisfying to hit with it? Oh yes. Did it happen this time round? ...No. Mark my words; you'll be seeing it again. Wink Otherwise Persephone was definitely a hard worker in all of this. A definite must on a Ghost team.

• Golurk (aka Osiris) Lv71
      Ability: Iron Fist
      Moveset: Substitute, Shadow Punch, Earthquake, Focus Punch

General word: Osiris, like Davy Jones, didn't appear too often. Unlike Davy Jones, when he did; he hit like a train. Not necessarily the best moveset but you can guarantee that if you pull a Focus Punch off, it will hurt.

So the skeleton has been fleshed out somewhat, and the Ghosts definitely kept the momentum from last week up. Next week we have the Rock Types. Can they keep the boulder rolling, or crash painfully into a stone wall? Find out next week.
    Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Rock and Roll!!

Post by Derax 14/2/2014, 15:15

Today I bring you the subject of my degree; Rocks.
    And as it's my most hated day of the year, this is going to be concise (for me anyway) and to the point (again: for me.)

• Tyranitar (aka Mordred) Lv78
      Ability: Sand Stream
      Moveset: Crunch, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, and Stone Edge

General word; Mordred is such a fun pokemon to use. Set up Sandstorm on entry and just watch as special attacks bounce off. Plus MixTar definitely wrecks. You'll be seeing Mordred again.

• Kabutops (aka Alexander) Lv72
      Ability: Battle Armor
      Moveset: X-Scissor, Waterfall, Aerial Ace, and Stone Edge

General word; Why on Earth did I not use Alexander in the Water team? Why? Adamant nature, 252 Attack and Speed with the rest in HP. Alexander was a monster. Nothing more needs to be said.

• Aerodactyl (aka Max) Lv72
      Ability: Pressure
      Moveset: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Stone Edge and Sky Attack

General word; There was a reason for that name, but I can't remember... Anyway, Max put a small but significant amount of work in to this. Sky Attack destroys just about everything it's not immune to.

• Aggron (aka Amaranthe) Lv71
      Ability: Rock Head
      Moveset: Shadow Claw, Iron Head, Double-Edge and Head Smash

General word; Remember a few weeks back when I said ask me now about Amaranthe? Well this time around she made one hell of an improvement; just destroying stuff left, right and centre. Earning a mention as being a monster. What more can I say?

• Lunatone (aka Lunar) Lv71
      Moveset: Trick Room, Earth Power, Ice Beam and Psychic

General word; I blame Jace for inadvertently giving me the idea of a Trick Room user. Weirdly, almost all of the Rock types mentioned are bloody quick, so it was only useful once or twice. Lunar was my hope for getting rid of Marshal - who wasn't as bad as I'd expected - but wasn't always on the ball unfortunately. You won't be seeing it again I'm afraid.

• Rampardos Lv72
      Ability: Sheer Force
      Moveset: Brick Break, Zen Headbutt, Rock Slide and Head Smash

General word; Meet Amaranthe's Dad. There was an instance during this tour where Rock Slide was a better idea than Head Smash and it worked. Don't remember what it was but it happened. Possibly the only member of the team that benefited from Lunar's Trick Room.

There you have it folks. The Rock Types, the type I study for a living actually did better than I feared it would. Turns out; I thought I was going in with a lot of talc; came out with six diamonds.

(Anyone else notice the slight Diancie reference  Wink )

Next week we go from the rock solid guys mentioned above to the mildly terrifying Dark Types.

Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty I'm Sorry!!!!

Post by Derax 22/2/2014, 22:10

Sorry this is late!! Don't know what happened but let's get on with it anyway.

Last time we finished with the Rock types, so now we'll kick off with the Dark types. A word of warning this team didn't quite work against Grimsley, not sure why I just remember that it didn't go well.

• Zoroark Lv100
      Ability: Illusion
      Moveset: Night Daze, Foul Play, Flamethrower and Focus Blast

General word; Zoroark in normal Elite 4 battles is fun to use if you have a fighting type or something weak to psychic for obvious reasons. It doesn't really work in a monotyped team. Anyway Zoroark is fast and hits hard, not to mention confuses the game sometimes. Definitely recommend Zoroark.

• Hydreigon (aka Lynette) Lv72
      Item: Dread Plate
      Moveset: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Focus Blast and Draco Meteor

General word; Oh why do Fairies now exist? Nerfed Hydreigon... Oh well, this is still Gen 5. Hydreigon destroyed lives in this tour of duty. But then again; it would, it's a Hydreigon.

• Tyrannitar (aka Mordred) Lv79
      Ability: Sand Stream
      Moveset: Crunch, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, and Stone Edge

General word; Sandstorm on a none sandstorm is annoying... otherwise Mordred did what she does; ruin lives.
    • Spiritomb Lv77
      Ability: Infiltrator
      Item: Bright Powder
      Moveset: Double Team, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball

General word; Geheeeheeeeheee. I still love Spiritomb. Double Team and Nasty Plot ruin lives XD

• Scrafty (aka Ariel) Lv70
      Ability: Shed Skin
      Moveset: Substitute, Dragon Claw, Crunch and Focus Punch

General word: Don't really remember what Ariel did, I don't think it was much though... Got a SubPunch off at some stage and that was it.

• Umbreon (aka Ebony) Lv70
      Ability: Synchronise
      Moveset: Double Team, Substitute, Baton Pass, and Faint Attack

General word; Ebony only made one appearance, and in it's appearance it lived up to it's annoying reputation as you can probably guess. Half responsible for ruining Caitlin's day after baton passing out to Spiritomb (or Zoroark, can't remember; it was last year)

And that's a wrap. Next week (If I'm on time Razz) we'll be going through the Dragons. Stay tuned ladies and gentleman.

Derax
    Derax
    Trainer
    Trainer

Derax's White2 Medal Hunt Empty Laxus Dreyar

Post by Derax 7/3/2014, 19:10

Soooooo... I managed to be a week late this time, well done Derax... To make up for it, I'm just gonna go and do last weeks team and this weeks too to make up for it.

Two weeks ago we left off with the Dark types and this week we pick up with the Dragons and will finish off with the Electric types. Hopefully, if you didn't get the post title originally; it'll make sense now. (Shameless FT reference XD)

Therefore we start off with the Dragons. A type that has long since been at the forefront for the title of most over-powered. I can definitely help testify for this. XD

• Dragonite* (aka Gawain) Lv72
      Ability: Inner Focus
      Moveset: Thunderwave, Roost, Flamethrower and Draco Meteor

General word; Yeah special Dragonite actually works... even though it's moveset is, limiting... (Sod competitive battling). The fact that Gawain is set up for competitive, in my eyes, limited his use against the Unova Elite 4. Seriously no Ice Beam or Thunderbolt etc is really annoying. Basically I'd recommend any Dragonite that isn't competitively orientated so that way you can use whatever you damn well want...

• Hydreigon (aka Lynette) Lv75
      Item: Dread Plate
      Moveset: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Focus Blast and Draco Meteor

General word; Competitively orientated Hydreigon however, works really well. Quite simply destroying anything that isn't a fighting or dark type. (Ironically half the Elite 4...)

• Kingdra (aka Guinevere) Lv73
      Ability: Swift Swim
      Moveset: Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor

General word; I definitely liked using Kingdra. Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor work rather well against Unova's Elite 4. Ice Beam not so much for some reason I seem to recall. Personally if I had the time and patience I'd have used a Sniper, physical set but I ran out of patience so a special one was what we got instead.

• Flygon (aka Griflet) Lv71
      Item: Insect Plate
      Moveset: U-Turn, Dragon Claw, Earthquake and Outrage

General word; I'm not even sure how often Griflet actually made an appearance in this tour... I think he appeared against Aggron and possibly Chandelure but I couldn't tell for definite...

• Haxorus (aka Excalibur) Lv72
      Ability: Mold Breaker
      Moveset: Dragon Dance, X-Scissor, Shadow Claw and Outrage

General word; Honestly, if there's one thing you're going to learn from this whole series, it's this; Caitlyn is so damned easy to set up on and wreck. Refer to Moveset if you don't get why...

• Druddigon (aka Nivian) Lv70
      Ability: Sheer Force
      Moveset: Crunch, Rock Climb, Superpower and Outrage

General word; Not going to lie, I really wasn't looking forward to using a Druddigon of all things. Boy was I glad to be proven wrong! Druddigon destroys when used properly, my Lord! Sheer Force/Life Orb is a -deadly- combination.

And now. Ducks.

Wait, no that's not it. Electric Types, that's what I meant!

• Rotom-W (aka Bucky) Lv95
      Moveset: Pain Split, Volt Switch, Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump

General word; Do I even need to explain this anymore? Yes? Sigh alright then... Rotom is one bulky mother-humper. There. Happy? Good, moving on.

• Ampharos (aka Fluffy) Lv71
      Ability: Static
      Item: Damp Rock
      Moveset: Cotton Guard, Rain Dance, Signal Beam and Thunder

General word; Ampharos is always going to be one of those pokemon that are amazing in-game but (sans Ampharosite) will never really work in competitive. And I'm glad about that because Ampharos can hit like a tank when necessary in-game.

• Magnezone (aka Pendulum) Lv75
      Ability: Sturdy
      Moveset: Lock-On, Discharge, Flash Cannon and Zap Cannon

General word; Another returning 'Mon along with Bucky. Pendulum most certainly put more work in this time compared with the Steel types. I'm pretty sure the only time it didn't appear was against Marshal for obvious reasons. I'm never going to get tired of Lock-On and Zap Cannon. (FIRE!!!)

• Jolteon (aka Tesla) Lv72
      Ability: Volt Absorb
      Moveset: Quick Attack, Signal Beam, Quick Attack and Thunder

General word; Tesla here most certainly put more effort in then his brother Ebony, and in this company it was most certainly appreciated by everyone. Whilst he wasn't the first to the fore, he certainly hit hard when needed.

• Galvantula Lv74
      Ability: Unnerve
      Moveset: Sucker Punch, Energy Ball, Bug Buzz and Thunder

General word; N!!!!! WHY YOU NO USE COMPOUND EYES!!! You're supposed to be smart!! Dumbass! ahem Anyway. Galvantula ruined a certain three-headed dragon's life in the championship battle - even without compound eyes! - seriously N you jackass... That was the one thing that let Galvantula down. (That and I couldn't call it Boris. All spiders must be called Boris, even the female ones) You will most certainly be seeing this bugger again Wink

• Electivire (aka Psy) Lv100
      Ability: Motor Drive
      Moveset: Thunder Punch, Psychic, Giga Impact and Earthquake

General word; Honest-to-God, Psy could've done this all on his own.  This, ladies and gentleman, is a candidate for the One vs. All tour. Wink

There we go. Two weeks made up for hopefully. Next week (although possibly not as I've already mentioned in the past) we take a look at the creep-crawlies of the Pokemon world, and Coli Chibi's favourite type; Bug Types.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19/4/2024, 12:13