Solaris League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Want to Stream videos for Solaris? Click HERE for details.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the hacking clause: HERE

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 158 on 11/4/2021, 09:44

Poll

What should the Solaris League focus on?

View results

3 posters

IV's: What they are and how to Breed them

LoneQuincy
    LoneQuincy

IV's: What they are and how to Breed them Empty IV's: What they are and how to Breed them

Post by LoneQuincy 4/1/2014, 08:06

Once a task too troublesome to bother with, IV breeding is now a relatively quick process. For those of you that don't know, IVs(Individual Value) are a number from 0 - 31 that is added to your pokemon's stat as it levels from 1 - 100. A pokemon with a 0 IV at 100 with a stat of 250 would instead have a stat of 281 if it had a 31 IV. That may not look like much especially considering that our battles are at level 50 with only roughly half of the IV's boost coming into play; however, those few points could mean the difference between victory and defeat. I can use EVs to explain the difference 1 point can make. Imagine a Timid Sceptile hit a Garchomp with Hidden Power Ice. If the Garchomp has 252 Att, 252 Spe, and 4 hp, it will go down to the HP Ice. If that remaining 4 EVs were placed in SpD rather than HP, it would have a greater chance of surviving the hit to retaliate with an OHKO.

Now that we know what IVs are and their importance, let us discuss how to breed them:

The fastest way to IV breed would be to start with a Parent with a few maxed IVs. You use the Destiny Knot and breed your pokemon until the maxed IVs are transferred from parent to offspring. Then find another parent that has other IVs maxed and breed that with you offspring as well. Rinse and Repeat until you have 4 or 5 max IVs.

If you don't have any pokemon with maxed IVs, start by breeding pokemon who the checker says have at least Above Average potential. Breed those until you get a breeding pair of offspring with at least Superior potential. Once your have those, keep going till you have Outstanding potential. Once you start getting offspring with Outstanding potential, you should start getting some stats with max IVs and you can breed those offspring until you get your 4-5iv pokemon.

Once you have a 4-5iv pokemon, it becomes a lot easier to get 4-5ivs on most of your pokemon. Find a female of a different species with the same Egg Groups of a male with 4-5ivs. Using the Destiny Knot, Breed the 2 until the stats are passed from the male's species to the female's species.

The IV Checker I referenced earlier in an NPC in the Kiloude City Pokemon Center. He will tell you that you pokemon has either Decent, Above Average, Superior, or Outstanding potential based on the sum of all your IVs. You will know when you have a maxed IV when he tells you that stats like those can't be beat.

I started breeding with no Outstanding pokemon and no pokemon with max IVs. I used the process in the second breeding paragraph and it took me about 3 days to get a 5iv pokemon. Once I got that 5iv pokemon however, it has never taken more than a few hours to transfer those 5 IVs to another species. Sometimes it can take as little as 10 min.

This concludes my introduction to IV's and IV breeding. If you know something I don't, or if this information is new and/or useful to you, please post below.
    AeroBend
    AeroBend

IV's: What they are and how to Breed them Empty Re: IV's: What they are and how to Breed them

Post by AeroBend 4/1/2014, 14:36

Good job
    Michael06
    Michael06

IV's: What they are and how to Breed them Empty Re: IV's: What they are and how to Breed them

Post by Michael06 9/1/2014, 18:37

This is very helpful and i beleieve will be for others to understand alot better and start breeding more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29/3/2024, 03:10